Capture CO2 and Obliterate PFAS with our Pyrolysis Option
What Is Pyrolysis?
Pyrolysis is the heating of organic material, such as biomass, in the absence of oxygen. Because no oxygen is present the material does not combust but the compounds that make up that material thermally decompose into combustible gases and charcoal. The produced bio(based)char can be seen as carbon sequestering agent having a CO2 positive balance and helps to fulfill worldwide requested climate goals.
How Can Pyrolysis Compliment the Jumbo Drying System?
When our pyrolysis system is integrated with the Jumbo Dryer and Pelletizer several advantages are realized:
- The Pyrolysis gas fuels the dryer which can eliminate the need for additional fuel.
- Carbon/Biochar/Carbonisate pellets are produced and can be sold for high quality fertilizer.
- CO2 is captured in the carbon pellets. Keyword CO2 Balance!
- CO2 credits can be sold on the open market.
Types of Material Suitable for Drying, Pelletizing, and Pyrolysis
Pyrolysis is an attractive way to utilize the biogenic residues from a wide range of processes such as:
- Sewage sludge from municipal sewage treatment plants.
- Sewage sludge from the industrial production of foodstuffs.
- Dairy Waste
- Food Waste Dryer
- Fish Waste Dryer
Advantages of the System
- Completely continuous and independent operation; state-of-the-art degree of automation; in principle, can be operated unmanned!
- Modularity of the plant; easily expandable in terms of capacity.
- Possibility to discharge a thermal utilization product (= carbonate) with high carbon content! Keyword CO2 balance!
- Solid fraction is thermally converted into biochar.
- Due to the two-stage combination in one system, it is possible to thermally convert the dried input material in a “gentle” and low-dust way.
- By combining the thermal utilization in direct form with the dryer, flue gas cleaning takes place at the same time.
- The high temperatures produce a high-quality Carbonisate – which has a high degree of carbonization.